Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Occasion


This is how I have been feeling all week, particularly when 300 people have lost their lives and thousands more have lost their homes due to the devastating tornados that swept the Southeast the night before last, and still all anyone was talking about was this darn wedding. I thought I was going to need one of these.


But this morning, my tune changed a bit with all the excitement - and when I saw how GORGEOUS Princess Catherine a.k.a. the Duchess of Cambridge looked in that Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen dress and the excitement of the crowd when they came out for their first kiss, I found myself literally cheering aloud when they kissed one more time. It was just perfect. Cheers to the prince and princess.






I had to revisit this post after seeing close-up photos of lovely Pippa Middleton's Alexander McQueen dress and all the guests in their wild hats.


 I'll admit I was surprised she, too, was wearing white, but she looked absolutely stunning in that amazing dress.


As usual, David Beckham looked crazy handsome while Posh Spice looked very angry, albeit stylish (especially considering she is pregnant). I guess I'd be mad, too, if I was pregnant walking in those heels.


Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice of York looking like some kind of Dr. Suess character.


Her Majesty the Queen


The mother of the bride looking absolutely delighted to watch her daughter become a princess


Harry looking all grown up in uniform 


Chelsy Davy, Harry's on-again off-again girlfriend


8 tiered cake that included 900 sugar flowers and 17 different types of blooms and foliage for their meaning and symbolism


cake detail - almost too pretty to eat! took 5 weeks to complete


all in the name of these two, a fairytale wedding indeed.

No comments: