Wednesday, September 14, 2011

J is for Jenna

J.Crew made its New York Fashion Week debut yesterday and received rave reviews from everyone and their mother - if you haven't seen pics, seriously check it out. I started to share some of my favorite looks from the show, but decided instead to pay tribute to the woman responsible for the brand's immense success in recent years, the fabulous President-Executive Creative Director Jenna Lyons.


Seriously, who looks that cool wearing a sweater over a feather maxi? After reading this article, I decided I would really like her if I knew her in person. And THEN I saw her home and decided she's my ultimate girl crush:


dentil crown molding, floor to ceiling windows and a custom chandelier 


glossy black window frames - yes please! Also good to know someone as successful as her is as cluttered as I am.


Annnd her closet. sigh. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is - Jenna turned a catalog brand that easily could have gone the way of L.L.Bean (remember J.Crew circa 2002? so boring.) into one of the most talked about shows at Fashion Week. 
And for that she is awesome. 

No comments: